You are your child's expert
To move from that place of fear to this moment in time, I had to trust TJ with eating. It wasn’t easy. It sounds easy.
It’s not.Sky Van Zetten
Parent Expert Articles and Posts
- Concept of Pediatric Feeding Problems: From the Parent Perspective, American Journal of Maternal and Child Nursing 2016
- When Your Baby Won’t Eat by writer and mother Virginia Sole-Smith NYT magazine
- Don’t Judge Me For What’s in My Son’s Lunchbox ScaryMommy blog
- When the Diagnosis is Rare, Parents May Know More Than the Experts: NYT blog
- Swallowing Skills, Dysphagia and Treatment: Feeding Matters blog
- Breadmaker Dinner Rolls with a Side of Courage: Mealtime Hostage
- When People Say,’You Feed Her What?’ Hillary Savoie on home-made blended formula
- The Importance of Tube Feeding Comfort A mother’s post about trust
Our go-to resource for parents struggling with extreme picky eating is the blog and facebook page called Mealtime Hostage. Skye Van Zetten, mother of a selective eater, is the creator and moderator of the private facebook support group for parents. This safe space provides support, resources, a listening ear, and more.